Friday, December 14, 2012

Quick Update

The results of my skin biopsies are in and there is no melanoma (yay!). My nose has a basal cell cancer tumor, which is not a big deal. I will be contacted by the surgeon next week, we'll make an appointment for a consultation, then he'll remove it and make my nose look normal instead of having a divot in it.

I tried to not worry, but subconsciously I guess I did. I didn't sleep great the past couple of days. But I will sleep better tonight knowing there's nothing threatening on my skin.

I do have to see the dermatologist every 3 months for the next year because in that first year after you've found one basal cell cancer you can find another skin cancer, but I am not going to worry. There isn't a history of it in my family, even with my fair-skinned mother and grandmother. So we're good.

As for my back wounds, I saw my regular doctor for my physical today. She looked at both back wounds and said that the one that was hardest to get to looks healed; she didn't even rebandage it. And she says it looks like I'm doing well with the other one, that it's healing well. So more yay!

And there you go, for those of you who were concerned.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for your good news. I didn't know what was going on or I would have been worried. Glad you are all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's news worth celebrating :)

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! Even when you think it's okay, it's good to have that confirmed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY no melanoma! I had a basal cell spot taken off my shoulder 4 years ago and haven't found anything else since, despite a lot of biopsies because my three closest blood relatives have all had cancer. You'll be so glad when it's done, and I'm raising a toast to no more ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news, Skye! Glad you can get everything taken care of in good order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I missed all this! But glad you're well. :-) My mother had some cancery stuff removed from her nose. And my dad's recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer, but I'm not worrying right now. It's a fairly treatable kind.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!