Tonight I am so tired I hurt. I also hurt from being in the car so much. I think my fibromyalgia is playing into both the tired and the hurt.
So I'm not going to write much.
Yesterday we spent most of the day in Joshua Tree National Park and so didn't get as far as planned. However, tonight we are halfway from last night's hotel to Seattle, so that's good. We've had to put in a little extra time driving, as we will tomorrow, but it will be worth it. I have no idea yet how my pictures from Joshua Tree turned out, but I will share them in the pictures blog post.
Tonight we are in Yreka, CA. For those who don't know, it is pronounced "why-reek-uh". Possibly because there is also a Eureka, CA. We encountered a fair amount of rain and clouds today and tonight we are at almost 3000 feet above sea level and it's in the mid-50s. Brrr! Tomorrow I will be wearing the warmer clothing I packed. No more shorts or thin tee shirts for me for a while!
My body doesn't travel well and it gets all discombobulated. I'm down to eating yogurt for dinner because that's all that sounds good. I felt lucky that there was a crockpot full of oatmeal at breakfast this morning. I felt rather queasy much of today. But I'm feeling better tonight. I am currently in bed with the computer on my legs. I'm going to post this and then probably go to sleep very early.
I am glad we are almost done. I am also extremely grateful that Steve flew down and has been helping me drive my car to Seattle, even if we have wanted to push each other out of the moving car from time to time. I've probably gotten some good pictures here and there and it's been cool seeing things that I haven't seen before, or haven't seen in four years. I'm excited about getting back to Seattle, and I'm looking forward to seeing my "family members". I'm also looking forward to a good and stable internet connection and sharing with y'all pictures from my trip.
Talk to you again soon!
We entered Joshua Tree National Park from the south (from i10). This part of the park is part of the Colorado Desert, and is very distinct from the Mohave Desert which is the north part of the park. Both are fascinating. I can easily imagine spending a week here making images at dawn & sunset. Lots of very interesting compositions.
ReplyDeleteWe're finally back up into the Green. I've enjoyed the deserts, and watching dramatic change, sometimes in 30 minutes or less, has been fascinating, but this was getting from point A to B rather than playing tourist or being a photographer.
Honk and wave from I-5 as you drive through Eugene! (We're the 30th St exit, first one after the Hwy 58 turn off.) If I'm up, I'll wave back.
ReplyDeleteYay for being almost there. Sorry the travel is so hard on you.
ReplyDeleteI don't think our bodies were made for constant travel. My sister says it's our version of being on a magic carpet. Our knees are bent and we're flying through the air :)
ReplyDeleteYou're almost there. And what an amazing friend you have in Steve for doing this with you.
Susanne
My body hates travel too. (It's a fibro thing, I think.) Glad you're almost there! And that no one has gotten murdered :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a quest!!
ReplyDelete