or How I came to the Coast, met Julie of JulieLand, and rediscovered the Need for Sleep
For those who don't already know, I flew from Houston to Oregon on the 18th and Julie promptly visited me here on the Coast. She arrived late Wednesday night, we stayed up way too late talking (plus I was already two hours behind and suffering from a 4- to 5-hour, broken sleep the night before — I don't always travel well), and she left Thursday about 8 pm. And we didn't accomplish nearly enough or spend enough time together! But much fun was had by all, and there was much rejoicing (and we didn't even have to eat the minstrels! — we did, however, eat dessert).
The fun began when I forgot to bring my cell phones with me. I discovered this delightful fact when I got out of my car at the Park 'n Fly lot in Houston. Too late to go back and get them (yes, there are two and no, I won't explain it right now) and how would I call someone to get them for me?
| Portland's elevated walkway with clear "ceiling". |
Long flight, interesting seat mate, too little room, got a kink in my back (not the good kind and I'm still working on it). Waited three hours for the shuttle out to the Coast, then half an hour for my ride home. At least the sun was shining.
I got the basics of food, went home and exploded all over my bedroom (luggage here, clothing there). Then I proceeded to email Julie and nap until she arrived around 11. Ah, the wonderfully distinctive sound of the VW Bug (original) engine!
Julie was everything I imagined she'd be and more. We had the best time and we both talk a mile a minute when we are excited. We both adapted our sleep schedules. Then, instead of tromping thru the treasure cave (storage unit), we spent the day dealing with dead car battery, trying to charge it, getting new one. I think some of our activities were redundant, but that's okay.
| Julie's the cute one. I'm the scary redhead. |
Then it was time to take a nap, then have dinner, and there went Julie, driving off into the darkness toward Eugene.
I'm already looking forward to this coming Wednesday and I'm trying to catch up on my sleep beforehand!
Now I'm off to rest up so I can write another blog post later!
Love this picture of the two of you.
ReplyDeleteThank for this, it WAS a fast & furious adventure, with plenty of lovliness draped over us both.
ReplyDeleteJulie
I think you both look fantastic! Happy and relaxed, even it was more likely silly tired!
ReplyDeleteMegan's right, you do look fantastic. So glad you've had a great time so far. (Other than the back-kink.) Also glad you didn't have to eat the minstrels. ;)
ReplyDeleteI hate those travel days where everything's wrongio. But they're balanced off by another travel day where everything goes right, at least! Hope that happened on your travel day back!
ReplyDeleteOh Mabel, I'm still on the Coast. I've got another week. In fact, I'm going inland to Julie's home court tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you all like the pics. It's easier to write something light right now, rather than on the "darker" place. ;) Tiredness overcomes me and naps happen. Maybe it's all that sea air. Yeah, that's it.