Well, it's a new year. People are making new resolutions or goals or intentions. We have to remember to write a new year on our checks and letters. And my mind is still back six or seven months and I'm wondering how it got to be 2013 so fast.
Last year was a better year than the year before, even though I had less employment. I made a huge amount of progress mentally and emotionally and I began exercising regularly. This bodes well for 2013.
I'm becoming better at making new habits and sticking with them, except when holidays get in the way. And I doubt I'm going anywhere for a long trip this year until Christmas (unless I'm in Seattle, then I'll take a trip elsewhere). It's being out of my own environment that makes it harder to keep up with the exercising. I don't have the same space set up and I want to spend lots of time with my hosts, so I don't generally do exercise while away. But with even more time before the next major trip, maybe I'll have the exercise thing so efficient that I can do it anywhere!
I am more content with myself and where I am. Even though there are still some areas of clutter and I'm not terribly fond of my apartment, I am grounded, centered, and at home. I am becoming more myself and am very much less self-conscious. Even though I am anxious about finding work and making money, I'm still aware that I've come very far and that where I am now internally is fabulous. Where I am externally is acceptable; I'm not sure if I will find a fabulous external, but acceptable is fine. I believe that when I am doing work I enjoy with people I enjoy working with, my external will ramp up to much better than acceptable.
I have terrific tools now to help me deal with life and my issues and I'm getting quite good at using them. I have a terrific therapist (who I would be sorry to leave). I am learning important life skills (finally) and it's all paying off. Hell, I have a whole pint of Haagen Dazs ice cream in the freezer that I bought on the way home from lunch and haven't dug into yet. I'm not hungry, and in the past, that wouldn't have stopped me. I've made progress on all fronts (except my fear of driving in ice and snow).
As my t-shirt says, "Life is Good." In 2013, it's just going to get better.
Where are you now?
Congratulations on coming so far in the past year. Even your posts sound much more positive and self-assured. I hope that 2013 brings more success and that you find work that is satisfying on personal and financial levels.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I'm pretty happy with where I am now - I'm retired and feel really fortunate to be at a point in my life where work doesn't control so much of my time. And I don't have to get up at 3:30 a.m. any longer! Yeah!!!
3:30 am?! Oh ow! Glad you don't have to do that too!
DeleteMy blog is like a journal and I love getting the feedback from others who remember what I sounded like before and how different I am now. Thank you.
I would like to be retired. But I am only almost 52 and I have no retirement money anymore. So I guess I'll have to work and save like crazy. :)
I'm good, but exhausted from the holiday crush, and have guests :-)
ReplyDeleteIt will be good when you can rest. The past 2 days of mostly resting have been very helpful to me.
DeleteI am very impressed by the unopened Haagen Daz. Wow. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt didn't last. The next day I had the pint for lunch and dinner. :/
DeleteThis year I'm looking forward to not having guys in my house doing construction. For some reason, it paralyzes me to have people in here. I don't feel free at all to do what I want when I want. And yeah, they're here today. In my bedroom. Putting in a ceiling fan which I will be really happy to have come summer, but dang! I'm tired of people in my house.
ReplyDeleteI've realized, yet again, that if forward motion is going to happen in my life, it's up to me. Please let me hang on to that one thought for this year!
It is hard having people invade our space, and you've had a lot of that. I totally understand your being tired of it.
DeleteBeing entirely in charge of the change and the forward motion in your own life is both daunting and powerful. Focus on the powerful part. Put up post-it notes (that's what I do). It helps.