Saturday, August 25, 2012

Home, Buggy Home


Well, I've arrived home from my trip, to be greeted by a beeping smoke alarm, a big cricket, and a big tree roach. The smoke alarm currently has no battery, so at least I the noise won't keep me awake. The cricket managed to escape outside rather than be squished, so at least the thought of a bouncy cricket in the house won't keep me awake. And the roach scuttled back behind the couch. I'm on top of my bed, after sweeping it for bugs.  :)   I may not be able to sleep due to the lights and the thought of the roach and not knowing where it is.

The weather's hot outside and humid and I didn't leave the AC on, just the ceiling fans, so the bugs  inside the apartment are partly my fault. (The poor weather stripping around the doors is the fault of the maintenance staff who can't seem to handle weather stripping correctly.) I've been running the AC since I got home, a little over an hour ago to make the apartment more comfortable for me; I hope it make it less comfortable for the roach. I'm also leaving the lights on in my bedroom and connecting bathroom so that the roach won't come in here. At least, that's the theory. I can wear my sleep mask to deal with the lights, but do I want to do that?

I hope the roach didn't invite any friends.

6 comments:

  1. It's the way they scuttle. Ewwww. Sorry about the buggy welcome home, but I'm glad you're back! I kept thinking of you up in the cooler weather, seeing Julie (jealous!) and seeing your friends and hoping you were having a good and relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good and relaxing but exhausting too because I was always busy. I didn't even walk every day! But it was great and I did have a great time with Julie and Dan. They are tons of fun.

      Delete
  2. AACK the roach would keep me awake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would, except that Im exhausted. So I'm leaving lights on in my bedroom and that makes me feel better, whether or not it actually helps. But I'm too tired to stay awake. Deb Blake and Sierra both have told me the roach is now dead; they thought it dead for me. :)

      Delete
  3. The roach is more afraid of you than you are of him.

    And he thought he was taking over abandoned property, now he has to deal with Giants Walking the Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But they brought out the Welcome Wagon for you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!