Tuesday, July 19, 2011

And the Decision Is ....

I backed out. I emailed my recruiter guy and said "this just isn't for me," then I emailed my two friends with whom the recruiter had set up "practice" meetings. One of them was so relieved; she said she knew this wasn't the right fit for me and understands how desperation can change how you look at things.

Sure, the recruiter guy called, but he didn't try to convince me to reconsider, he simply wanted to know why I changed my mind. I did not mention feeling that I had been tag-teamed; it didn't seem necessary and I'd rather not burn bridges. He did offer a couple of other ideas for "participating and making money", but basically it involved giving him names and phone numbers for someone else to use to contact potential clients, and I can't do that either. It doesn't feel right.

Now I need to continue to get things in order, such as LinkedIn, and I need to continue to ask friends to spread my name about (in the good way). I need to contact recruiters and people I spoke with before. I need to focus on what I need and want so I can get those, rather than accepting what randomly crosses my path. Actually, that would be a good way to live my life in general — what an intriguing concept!

Feel free to ask me about the progress I'm making; I need a bit of accountability.

I imagine you are all relieved by my decision, as am I. Thank you all for your input; it really helped.

TTFN!

4 comments:

  1. If you feel better about saying "no thank you" then that was what you needed to do. This was the way your lesson was supposed to go. You went with your intuition, and were validated that your instincts were good ones.

    And the answer to yesterday's question is:
    you can "check out" what the Universe sends you simply by looking and listening to what it FEELS like as it crosses your path. You are not obligated to date it or sign on with it.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye - I'm so relieved for you. Something good has got to follow in the wake of your courageous act of saying NO to the wrong thing. I just know it.
    Or as witchy would say - So mote it be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The relief is a definite clue. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you listened to your gut - sounds like you made the right call. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!