Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Blog Award!

My friend Delia nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. Thanks Delia!



I've been nominated for a couple of other awards in the past and always flaked out on doing my part, so I swore I'd do the next one that came along.

The Liebster Award requires the following (which I snagged directly from Delia's post):

  1. You must tell 11 things about yourself
  2. Answer the questions your nominator gives you.
  3. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  4. Choose new blogs with fewer than 200 followers and link them to your post.
  5. If you're nominated, please leave a comment on this post with the URL of  your Liebster Award post.

I'm going to do what Delia did, to avoid an excessively long post, and say that number 2 fulfills the requirements for number 1, also.

Here goes, my answers to Delia's questions.

1. What is your preferred beverage?

Tea, preferably black tea with a little bit of milk. My favorite tea is Kenilworth Estate Ceylon. Why yes, I am a bit of a tea snob!

2. Are you afraid of any animals?

Um, I'm afraid of many animals. But my fear of dogs has eased and I don't go swimming in the ocean and so am not going to get bitten by a shark. So I would have to say cows. Yes, I am afraid of cows. They are very large and they don't give way if you are walking through a herd of them. They don't even seem to like to give way to cars. Plus, when I stayed at a bed & breakfast in North Wales many years ago, the owner told me how cows with calves are much more aggressive than bulls and she was chased right up to a wall by one (she herself went over the wall).

3. Would you ever go hang-gliding?

I don't think so. I like the idea, but there's nothing to prevent you from dropping like a rock if something goes wrong. At least when I went bungee jumping, I was tethered firmly to the bridge!

4. Country, city, or suburbs?

Suburbs or edge of the city. I like to have neighbors, but not right in my face.

5. What is the easiest way to make you laugh?

Act goofy or surprise me in a happy way.

6. Do you enjoy a good cry?

Not really, even though sometimes I feel better afterward.

7. Are you multi-lingual?

Nope. I know bits and pieces of German and Welsh, as well as many word roots from Latin and Greek, but am not fluent in anything but English.

8. How often do you read for pleasure?

Depends. When I am going through a major reading phase, I'll read every day, sometimes all day long. When I'm stressed like I am for my move right now, I only read maybe once a week or less often. And I generally read a lot more during the winter.

9. Can you do anything crafty (sewing, knitting, woodwork, etc.)?

I crochet fairly well. I draw and paint a little. And a friend is teaching me to knit. I did some wood carving in a class once and did very well. I think that some day I'd like to do more of that.

10. What was the worst thing you've ever tried?

That's a very open question. Do you mean an action, or a situation, or something to eat? I'll say The Zipper, a carnival ride. Almost lost my cookies on that and it wasn't fun in the least.

11. Johnny Depp or Sam Elliot?

Johnny Depp.


Wow, those were some thoughtful questions.

My 11 questions for the people I'm nominating are:

  1. If you could go anywhere in the world for a long visit, say three to six months, where would you go?
  2. What's your favorite kind of movie to watch?
  3. If money were no object, what kind of home would you have?
  4. Have you ever wanted to be in movies or on TV?
  5. What is your dream job?
  6. Do you prefer to wear dresses/skirts or pants?
  7. What is your favorite kind of weather?
  8. Do you like to work with your hands? If so, doing what?
  9. Do you prefer to drive or be driven?
  10. What's the weirdest thing you've ever done?
  11. Do you prefer to shop at stores, through catalogs, or over the internet?

And, I'm nominating the following three people:

Lora
London Mabel
Nan

Have fun!

As for the rest of you, pick a question from the list and answer it for the fun of it.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Skye. You write a thoughtful, insightful blog. I'm happy you were recognized.

    Great questions. I've been on television because of my job but want to one day get on a game show because I think it would be fun.

    I could not possibly narrow down the things I've done and decide one weirdest.

    My clothing preference is shorts but sometimes I enjoy putting on a cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. That question was open-ended on purpose. I figured everyone would answer something different. And, yes, the Zipper is possibly the worst ride ever invented. (Next to the teacups.)

    So, okay, I prefer to drive alone. If I must have my family in the car, I prefer to be driven. If I must have strangers in the car, I prefer to drive. I know, I'm difficult. Also, pants. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination, Skye! What a treat! Fun questions, so I'm off to think about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination, Skye! What a treat! Fun questions, so I'm off to think about them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay you! And I learned a lot from your answers...

    I used to have cows in my back yard (well, in the pasture behind my yard, but still). I'd go out in the morning and talk to "the girls" and they'd talk back. Bulls are aggressive, but most cows are very placid. Stupid, but placid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to leave my URL, duh!! www.nanreinhardt.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skye, you're so multi-talented! And I read this after answering and nominating, so poor London Mabel will have many questions!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!