Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Persistence of Blueness

The blue ain't gone. I used extra-strength color remover and went the maximum amount of time. I should have known. I still have about 50% of the blue I had yesterday.

I've texted my supervisor to let her know so she won't be surprised.

My only hope to look conservative and all that is to fold the blue bits back under the more normal-colored hair. I'll let you know how that works out.

Guess whimsy and creativity don't want to let go of me.

10 comments:

  1. If you have any vaseline in the house, it might help. Seriously, smear some on, let it sit, wash it out. That kind of hair color doesn't like oil. I've used it to get color off skin and it worked a treat. I don't know if it will work in your hair, but it couldn't hurt, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No vaseline. I tried almond oil and that didn't work. I'm going to be out today (therapy appointment) before going to the meeting, so I'll stop by Walgreen's and pick up a hair clip or some bobby pins or something that isn't too attention-getting and tuck that blue hair out of the way. If it works well enough, maybe I can keep what's left of the blue (which is still significant) AND work with the client without offending their precious senses. :)

      Delete
  2. Hats. You are in the south. Big floppy hats. Say "y'all" a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days, it just isn't allowed to wear hats all the time indoors, even if you are a Southern Lady. It would be a bit distracting. But nice idea. Too bad the folks I'll be working with are mostly Not From Around Here or I might get away with it.

      Delete
  3. Could you dye a dark color over it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but that's more money and the rest of my hair is strawberry blonde with blonde highlights, so it's still a bit odd.

      I'll let it go for now. I'll make it work later. Or I'll work enough on my own or with them but non-client-facing that I can put colored streaks in my hair again. But it's okay for now.

      It would look cool in black or dark brown or dark red ....

      Delete
  4. You know, I'd be inclined to just let it be. Go with somewhat conservative dress and have that be your little bit of individuality. They may be taken aback momentarily, but as long as you act professionally, which I am sure you will, then they will get over it. And also, it may be that your supervisor who told you the blue hair had to go is making a much bigger deal out of it and the client doesn't really give a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but it's the supervisor I've got to please. I've found I can get it pinned under the other hair (well, if someone else it pinning it because it is in an awkward place) and you cannot see the pretty blue.

      I'm going to let my freak flag fly via the bright colors I wear with my business casual clothing, including my fun jewelry, plus brightly or interestingly colored nails. May hair will simply be my hair. I can do that.

      Delete
  5. For heaven's sake, tie a folded scarf over your hairline. Granted, I'm in the nutsy state (CA), but lots of people wear their hair that way. I wear a brown scarf with pink flowers with my conservative brown dress and jacket with dress pumps - works. I've found the more informal the dress the more formal the attitude, you'll be fine.

    BTW, I think you're handling this professionally, and I'm sure your supervisor appreciates your approach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I worked at the bookstore we could only wear black, blue or gray. Blehhh. So I went the earring and necklace route too. I tried the hair dye thing, but it washed out so quickly it didn't seem worth the effort (it was the lower half of my hair. Also, what was supposed to be red came out more orange. Meh.)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!