Friday, January 20, 2012

Travel Day

I drove to Dallas today! I drove in a rental car, too, as my car is still in the body shop from my little fender bender. That's five hours on the road, including bathroom breaks and snarfing down some lunch. I haven't driven that long since I arrived in Houston just over three years ago. I arrived in Dallas with a cramp from my butt all the way down my right leg. (I arrived in Houston in good shape after five weeks on the road. No cramps.)

My fear of driving to and into Dallas has been broken!

Meeting Sierra and E and their furred and feathered kids is a treat (cats and bird, not mutants, people!). We went out to dinner, then to the mall to LEGO and to Lush, then to Cold Stone ice cream. The apartment complex is embroidered with waterways and fountains, making the complex both more attractive and more resistant to traffic noise.

Now we are all on our computers, happily pursuing various computing pleasures. I don't expect to write much right now, but Sierra and I will be writing an article about our visit for the Bettyverse later on, so keep your blog feeds peeled.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time. Looking forward to the bettyverse post. I liked the way you worded your description of her complex. Pretty wording.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got there safely. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're having a good time. Happy birthday, again. : ) Safe travels home. Do some stretches before the drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and yay for Betty meetings!!! Can't wait to read your combined efforts.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, fear banished, such a good thing. Now you can go, you. Anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to the Bettyverse article! Glad you had a happy birthday :]

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!