Friday it was 98 degrees. And 52% humidity, which is very mild for this place at this time. And I was dyin'.
I think it's about water. I am not getting enough because of working so much in the middle of the day and then going on to do errands and such. This last week was bad for that and I ended up every afternoon feeling ill and completely exhausted until about 7 pm. When I would eat a very late dinner for me. I was also missing lunch.
So, new plan: carry a cooler in the car. Maybe someday (when I have a real income) buy one of those car-powered coolers that plugs into the cigarette lighter or something. Then I would have cold water or iced tea continually when I go out. And take lunch to work.
Oh, and as has been told me just recently: Don't. Go. Out. In. The. Middle. Of. The. Day. Unless you are swimming. It's a southern thing. :)
Unlike the PNW where going out in the middle of the day is optimal (well, except that Seattle has developed this true-summer thing and it gets HOT) because that's when it is marginally warm(er). As Mom put it when she was talking to someone in the Valley, "If the temperature goes over 60, we feel like we are having a heat wave."
I miss things from up there, including sleeping in a cool bedroom, without using AC to achieve it.
I hate using AC, but it's necessary. However, on Wednesday I bought a ceiling fan and a dehumidifier. I have to assemble the fan and the maintenance guys will install it. I have to do that TODAY (Sunday) because they are coming tomorrow. And the dehumidifier is still in my car because it's just heavy enough to be difficult to carry up the stairs but not so heavy I cannot do it alone. I will just have to stop every few steps. Thank goodness I moved to a 2nd floor apartment in March!
My apartment gets a decent breeze from the SSE, from Lake Houston, especially in the afternoons. And I get southerly sun for the first part of the day, leaving the deck shaded in the late afternoon and evening. A little mosquito netting over the door, maybe at the opening of the deck, a glass of wine or iced tea, and my life will be virtually complete.
Now, where is Jean Claude the pool boy?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me!