Sunday, October 9, 2011

Miracles

I started a part-time paid position with the group I've volunteered with for two years: I am the manager/ coordinator for making sure that everything is accomplished, and on time, and that the event runs successfully and smoothly. Not sure how I got roped into this. Doug made it sound simpler.


So, right after I agreed to that job, I was asked to interview with a writing services company. One of my colleagues on the volunteer job is always trying to help me, so she recommended me to the owner of this company. With my new resume that showed my new part-time position, I sat down and had the best interview EVAH with the owner and the VP. I told them what the ideal situation was for me (2 part-time jobs, at least until the other one is finished) and freelance. They didn't pull away or act like that was a deal-killer. I took their tests. Last week they offered me some part-time work. I don't know if it's just this one project or an ongoing relationship, but wow. I start early tomorrow morning.


All I have to do now is get the freelance stuff back on track.


If the writing services company keeps me on regularly, I'll be able to pay all my bills and put money in the bank for the first time since January 2008.


Of course, I have this virus that has given me laryngitis and a cough that is keeping me up at night. I have the writing job tomorrow, then therapy, then a meeting with the other PT job. It's possible I will have no voice by the end of the day, but so what. I'll have been doing things.


Now can someone help me pay my mom's last bills so I can finish my work as executor and get my bit of money?

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! It sounds like you are on a good path. Keep working, I know it's tiring, but you are strong and capable. Plus, hey, you're getting paid to write! How cool is that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Skye! It sounds like things are finally falling into place for you. To help with the throat, pack up a bunch of teabags, I'm particularly fond of raspberry zinger but YMMV obviously, and a bottle of honey and a microwave safe cup and keep it going all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! It's great that people are recognizing your skills, and paying you, too! If it makes you feel any better, hubby has a job, but a lot of our creditors have only gotten minumum payments since 2008, too. It's been sucky all over, so this is a wonderful turn of events for you! This comment has a lot of exclamation points!!!

    I like Karen's idea for the throat-warm hydration is the best.

    Have a great week! (See, more !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Glad you are being appreciated for your skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome! Congrats on well-deserved & earned success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Also hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea how I'm so late to the party on this, but congratulations! So happy for you that things are beginning to turn around.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!