Friday, January 8, 2010

The New 'Do

Notice my new blog-do? The old one didn't constrain the area for the title graphic, causing the graphic to look short and the text to run past the edge of the graphic. I didn't like it. So I decided to try out another of the blogspot templates.

And the old one kind of hid the link to where you can leave a comment; I hope the comment link in this template is noticeable enough. I haven't figured out how to do a couple of things I'd like to do, but doing them is for the future and maybe I cannot do them here at blogspot. I'll figure it out, now that I am paying more attention to this blogging whim of mine.

This template makes a longer blog article look REALLY long, but I think I will make that sacrifice. For now. Who knows? I may choose another template. Or I may choose to create my own blog on my own site. I already have a domain that will work for it, which I will use eventually.

This blog is about my changes. Blogging IS one of my changes, so I expect it to change as well.

This is great: I am in transition (kind of like the climate), so I cannot be held to any set of expectations or be expected to be stable. Woo hoo! I am also a woman nearing fifty, which means that I can change my mind and do whatever I want at any time and yet remain within what society accepts as "normal" for my age! Double woo hoo! I guess this getting older has compensations (beyond the not being dead part, of course). (And I go on record telling you that I've worn purple all my adult life. I just don't want to wear red accessories with it anymore lest I be tagged as a Red Hatter. Which is not a bad thing, just not my thing. I'm more of a Mad Hatter.)

Repeat after me: Woo hoo!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Many societies consider women even crazier as they get older, and much more difficult to control and keep in line.

    There is a lot to be said for traditions and order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, the least you could do is use a name, any name. I want to be able to refer to you when I explain all the boulders weighing me down .... :-) (I hate using noses in my smilies, it's just not traditional. But who recognizes nose-less smilies? And how do people actually put graphic smilies in their comments elsewhere?)

    And many societies consider men to be cannon fodder. There IS a lot to be said for traditions, darlin'.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!